Full-time position to begin September 2022
Rodeph Sholom School, a co-educational N-8 Reform Jewish day school located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, seeks a middle school Science teacher. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching middle school Science, designing Science curriculum, and have successful experience working with middle school aged children and their families. They should be adaptable, collaborative, proactive, personable and warm.
- Teach regular and honors science to middle school students
- Work collaboratively with science department, and other teaching teams on initiatives around pedagogy and curriculum
- Serve as a middle school advisor
- Additional responsibilities, as needed
- Enjoys working with middle school aged children, working closely with colleagues and being involved in other aspects of school life
- Shows an appreciation for the craft of teaching, along with a passion for and knowledge of 5-8th grade Science
- Communicates with clarity both orally and in writing
- Has excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Is kind and possesses a healthy sense of humor
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to take initiative and follow through on projects
- Possesses good judgment
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience
Rodeph Sholom School encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. Rodeph Sholom School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the school not to discriminate on the basis of any category prohibited by applicable federal, New York State and/or New York City laws/regulations. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment process, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation/benefits, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, training, working conditions, layoff, and termination.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Leinana Two Moons, Assistant to the Middle School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.