Full-time position to begin September 2022
Rodeph Sholom School, a co-educational N-8 Reform Jewish day school located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, seeks an energetic professional to teach science content to students in 1st – 4th Grades, with a particular emphasis on STEAM.
- Candidates must hold an undergraduate degree; a Master’s degree is not required, but is strongly preferred.
- Teaching experience with 1st – 4th Grade students.
- Enjoys working with elementary-aged children, working closely with colleagues, and being involved in other aspects of school life.
- Shows an appreciation for the craft of teaching and a passion for and knowledge of science.
- Communicates with clarity both orally and in writing
- Has excellent interpersonal skills
- Is kind and possesses a healthy sense of humor
- Demonstrates commitment to equity and inclusion
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to take the initiative and follow through on projects
- Possesses good judgment
Rodeph Sholom School encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. Rodeph Sholom School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the school not to discriminate on the basis of any category prohibited by applicable federal, New York State, and/or New York City laws/regulations. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment process, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation/benefits, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, training, working conditions, layoff, and termination.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package. The salary range for the position is $60,000- $90,000 depending on experience.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Amber Jessie, Assistant to the Head of the Elementary Division, at firstname.lastname@example.org.