Early Childhood Head Teachers are responsible for overseeing the experiences of students in their classroom. While there are broad guidelines and themes for curriculum, given the ages and developmental levels of the students, teachers are given significant latitude to adapt the curriculum to meet the needs of their particular students.
The duties of a Head Classroom teacher include:
- Overseeing all aspects of classroom life, including curriculum planning, leading group times, weekly newsletters, report writing and parent conferences.
- Working in collaboration with an Associate Classroom Teacher to create an appropriate and engaging environment for young children.
- Interacting with children in all areas of the classroom, including the rug area, block area, pretend, and art projects
- Doing whatever is necessary to help your students feel safe and supported in the school environment including: accompanying children to the bathroom, changing diapers if necessary, comforting and holding upset children,
- Arriving at 8:00 to set up classroom, staying after the school day to clean the classroom and work on planning for the next day.
- Working with the rest of the grade level team to share ideas and resources to promote consistency within the program.
- Participating in all aspects of school life, including attending team and staff meetings and community events.
Currently there are two positions available:
One is for a three day a week class
One is for a five day a week class
Both positions include benefits
Rodeph Sholom School encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. Rodeph Sholom School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the school not to discriminate on the basis of any category prohibited by applicable federal, New York State and/or New York City laws/regulations. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment process, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation/benefits, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, training, working conditions, layoff, and termination.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Bridget Morgan, Assistant to the Early Childhood Divison , at email@example.com