Position: Assistant to the Early Childhood Division
Supervisor: Suzie Newman, Head of Early Childhood Division
Rodeph Sholom School, a Reform Jewish Day School based on the Upper West Side, fosters intellectual curiosity through a challenging independent school academic program in nursery school through 8th Grade. At the heart of Rodeph Sholom is a warm, vibrant community of educators and families, where students are guided by Jewish knowledge, values, and ethics to become self-confident and socially responsible leaders. Our mission is to develop each student’s love of learning and sense of responsibility to themselves and their community through meaningful experiences and intellectual exploration.
The ideal candidate will exercise good judgment, design and maintain effective systems for managing projects, communicate with clarity both orally and in writing, use technology effectively, and balance multiple priorities. They should be adaptable, proactive, personable and warm.
Working hours are generally 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM; additional hours may be required in the evenings.
● Assist the Early Childhood Division by providing administrative support to the Head of
Early Childhood and Division:
- Arrange event logistics, food service, AV, etc. for all Early Childhood Division events
and serve as a trip coordinator for all Early Childhood trips
- Serve as a liaison for the Parents Association and Twos – Kindergarten parents
- Manage daily calendar for the Early Childhood Division and Head of Early Childhood
- Serve as primary point of contact for Early Childhood Division families
- Manage budgets and invoices
- Work with staffing agency to request subs, track and maintain a record of faculty
- Communicate regularly with other Assistants in the school to ensure smooth operations
- Communicate with Operations Coordinator in the synagogue regarding shared spaces.
- Manage the school’s transportation database with the Office of Pupil Transportation.
- Distribute MetroCards to students and manage the logistics of buses.
- Manages the requirements for the division’s permit with the Department of Health.
● Additional responsibilities, as needed:
- Support the Head of School’s office
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of the Early Childhood Division
● Has excellent interpersonal skills
● Highly organized
● Experience with data-entry
● Team player
● Is kind and demonstrates a healthy sense of humor
● Demonstrates commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice
● Demonstrates flexibility and ability to take initiative and follow through on projects
● Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
● Willingness to learn how to use various technology platforms
● Positive, “can-do” attitude
● Understanding of Jewish values and possess a passion for RSS’s mission
SALARY & BENEFITS
● Salary range: $50,000-70,000; commensurate with experience.
● Generous paid time off (e.g., sick and personal days, holidays, school breaks, summer vacation).
● Complimentary food service (lunch)
● All staff must be fully vaccinated, including booster shots. Proof of vaccination required at the start of employment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Rodeph Sholom School encourages applications from individuals who are passionate about our mission, vision, values, and commitments and commitments as articulated here, including those from underrepresented groups in Jewish education. Rodeph Sholom School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the school not to discriminate on the basis of any category prohibited by applicable federal, New York State and/or New York City laws/regulations. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment process, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation/benefits, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, training, working conditions, layoff, and termination.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to the Head of the Early Childhood Division, Suzie Newman, email@example.com.