Position: Assistant to the Director of Summer Camp and After School Programs
Supervisor: Ryan Allais, Director of Summer Camp and After School Programs
Schedule: Full-time to begin January 2023
Rodeph Sholom School, a Reform Jewish Day School based on the Upper West Side, fosters intellectual curiosity through a challenging independent school academic program in nursery school through 8th Grade. At the heart of Rodeph Sholom is a warm, vibrant community of educators and families, where students are guided by Jewish knowledge, values, and ethics to become self-confident and socially responsible leaders. Our mission is to develop each student’s love of learning and sense of responsibility to themselves and their community through meaningful experiences and intellectual exploration.
The ideal candidate will exercise good judgment, design and maintain effective systems for managing projects, communicate with clarity both orally and in writing, use technology effectively, and balance multiple priorities. They should be adaptable, proactive, personable, and warm.
This is a 12-month position; additional hours may be required in the evenings.
SUMMER CAMP RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in marketing the Rodeph Sholom School Day Camp to internal and external families;
- Maintain systems to execute daily operations of the camp;
- Assist in summer camp daily activities:
- Serve as a point of contact for summer camp internal and external families;
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with staff, families, and vendors to ensure smooth operations;
- Communicate with the Operations Coordinator in the synagogue regarding shared spaces;
- Manage the requirements for the camp’s permits with the Department of Health;
- Collaborate with the business office to assist with invoices and expenses.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain systems to execute daily operations of the After School Programs;
- Communicate regularly with parents to best support their needs and their children’s needs;
- Serve as a point of contact for after school families;
- Check in and out students at either campus;
- Assist in any needs that might arise during after school enrichment activities;
- Communicate with vendors to ensure a smooth operation;
- Collaborate with the business office to assist with invoices and expenses;
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized
- Experience with data entry
- Experience within a school setting
- Team player
- Kind and demonstrates a healthy sense of humor
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to take initiative and follow through on projects
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Willingness to learn how to use various technology platforms
- Positive, “can-do” attitude
- Understanding of Jewish values and possess a passion for RSS’s mission
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary range: $50,000-$65,000; commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off (e.g., sick and personal days, holidays, school breaks, paid vacation time).
- Complimentary food service (lunch)
- All staff must be fully vaccinated, including booster shots. Proof of vaccination is required at the start of employment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Rodeph Sholom School encourages applications from individuals who are passionate about our mission, vision, values, and commitments and commitments as articulated here, including those from underrepresented groups in Jewish education. Rodeph Sholom School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the school not to discriminate on the basis of any category prohibited by applicable federal, New York State, and/or New York City laws/regulations. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment process, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation/benefits, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, training, working conditions, layoff, and termination.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to the Director of Summer Camp and After School, Programs Ryan Allais, email@example.com.